Monday, November 2, 2009

Dressleria dodsoniana - species of the month




I have decided to set up a blog to post pictures and articles and information that I find interesting about the Orchid subtribe Catasetinae and its members Catasetum, Cycnoches, Clowesia, Dressleria & Mormodes and anything else in the world of Orchids that I find of interest. I hope others will find my ramblings interesting. If you wish to contact me my email is catasetinae@verizon.net George


My choice species of the month is Dressleria dodsoniana from the eastern Amazonian part of Ecuador. The owner of the plant is Eric Sauer who sent me the pictures for identification of his plant. Beautiful job Eric. Thanks
posted Nov 10 2009
I am very happy to hear from Eric that he took his plant to the AOS judging last weekend in Cinncinati Ohio and received a Certificate of Horticultural Merit of 83 points. He gave it the clonal name 'Ecuadorian Fence Post' which is where he found the plant. I like people with a sense of humor. Congratulations Eric.